Raised in Bucyrus, Adam C. Stone returned to his roots after law school and provides skilled legal services for clients throughout Crawford County and surrounding areas of central Ohio primarily focusing on criminal and juvenile delinquency defense. Mr. Stone graduated cum laude from Wittenberg University in 2005, and went on to receive his law degree in 2009 from the University of Dayton School of Law. That same year, he was admitted to the Ohio State Bar Association. Recently, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, Toldeo Division appointed Mr. Stone as an attorney for its Criminal Justice Act Panel.
Aside from his legal practice, attorney Stone is actively involved in many of our community's initiatives and activities.
Attorney Adam Stone presented at the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers during their Toolbox Seminar. His topic was voir dire/ jury selection during the coronavirus pandemic. He focused on his experience in Ashland County when he went through the jury selection, under the COVID-19 circumstances. He talked about the essential objections through trial, conducted during the pandemic, and under the conditions created by the public health crisis. Describing how his firm moved forward – preserved their objections but still voir dire their juries in the most effective manner for their clients – through masks, socially distanced, and in many cases, not even in courtrooms but exhibit halls and other open spaces that meet the Ohio Supreme Court’s jury trial requirements.
Finally, he discussed that his mandamus action filed in this case, State ex rel. Stone v. Forsthoefel, Ohio Supreme Court Case No: 2020-0547. Explaining the Court’s decision creates a de jure (by law) additional challenge to jurors for cause who fear for their health and safety because of the coronavirus.
Attorney Adam Stone has been asked to appear on Court TV as a weekly guest to provide legal analysis. Attorney Stone is no stranger to Court TV, as he has been appearing for 4 weeks in a row, and 10 times over his career! Check out Court TV online to stay current on your legal news!
Court TV Appearances
- Attorney Adam Stone and host Julie Grant cover the shooting death of Sgt. Daniel Scott Baker, the potential mistrial of Robert Durst, and the jury selection for a quadruple murder case in North Dakota on Court TV. HERE
- Watch as Attorney Adam Stone discusses the guilty verdict of Chester Lilly, the trial of Robert Durst, and more, on Court TV. HERE
- Attorney Adam Stone and Court TV's Joy Lim Nakin discuss the Steven Wiggins murder trial as well as "The Jinx" murder trial. HERE
- Adam Stone weighs in on the quadruple murder of William and Lois Cobb, Adam Fuehrer, and Robert Fakler as well as NY Gov. Cuomo resigning following sexual harassment accusations. HERE
- Watch as Attorney Adam Stone discusses day 3 of "The Jinx" murder trial and the trial of Steven Wiggins. HERE